31/07/2007

Troubles after NotesSQL installation on Windows?

This "Show-And_Tell-Tursday" post is beforehand. I hope this post will be useful to someone, at least one person... ;-)

Have you recently tried to install NotesSQL, the ODBC driver to access data from Notes/Domino? My answer is yes, for my company and for some customers, precisely Lotus NotesSQL 3.0.2j for Windows .

Unlike in the past where I did not had troubles, this time I found some error messages while I was trying to access data using SQL queries.
The DSN (data source name) was defined as System DSN, referencing a Notes db on a Domino server.

After looking for answers in forums, technotes, etc, I found "the solution" .

You have to change the Windows environment variable called PATH, adding the following information:
1) the path to the Lotus Notes program directory ( eg. c:\lotus\notes)
2) the path to the NotesSQL installation directory (etc. c:\notessql )

For example: PATH=.........;C:\Lotus\Notes\;c:\notesSQL;

Doing that two trivial changes, all will work ;-)

PS
I frankly do not remember if I did the same changes in previous NotesSQL installations.
Remember a movie called Memento ? ;-)

Riferences:
NotesSQL home page


No comments: