15/10/2007

My messy desktop

You know, I'm addicted to useful software utilities, trying to save time while working.

IF
you have a messy Windows desktop like like mine AND you decided not to suicide AND you are too lazy (like me) to tyde up: ;-)


(the small arrow in the image shows another "hidden/inner" desktop:
gosh I need a desktop manager or a domestic help ;-) )

THEN maybe you need a free utility like the following one to find/run your applications/documents very quickly (and more... see also other skins):

Launchy - The Open Source Keystroke Launcher for Windows


From the
utility website, here's the description:
Launchy is a free windows utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager. Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!


ALT+SPACEBAR keys are pressed very often on my keyboard during the day:
that is the magic keys combination to show the Lauchy interface.
Holy utility, try it!



PS
A friend of mine told me that on Linux OS (with KDE) there is a similar utility called Katapult.

No comments: