11/02/2008

Google explained in 5 steps... and a YELLOW Search Appliance too!

Here is a nice animation that explains the reasons we all love Google search results: jump to How Google works.

By the way, I would like to test the new "yellow-coloured" Google Search Appliance (GSA) that can index up to 220 file types, Domino databases too: take a look at this demo video.

But it seems a little bit expensive for small companies ;-)

Anyway, have you had the chance to test that appliance (GSA)?
Do you have any feeback searching both Notes, MS Office and PDF documents with the GSA?

I guess there's also an effective IBM product doing the same job of GSA... Am I right?

2 comments:

Thomas "Duffbert" Duff said...

Actually, we've implemented that at my place of work. Email me at duffbert@gmail.com if you have questions. Far too much stuff to go into as a response here. :)

Roberto said...

Cristian

there is something from IBM that does this, but I am not sure is a "product". I have used it internally but I can't remember to have seen it in the market.