09/04/2008

Who cares about lastname pronunciation?

After Bruce mispronounced my lastname during a TakingNotes podcast episode with Mikkel ;-) , I decided to find out a way to let English-speaking people know how to pronounce my "weird" lastname.

I found out that there is a phonetic notation called International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), frequently used in dictionaries.

Just to recap, my written lastname is:
D'ALOISIO

My lastname pronounciation, written in IPA notation, is:
d
ʌloui:si:ou

I guess I should write it on my business card ;-)

See also: here

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Next time I will get it write. It's your fault since you sent me email during the podcast recording :-=)

Thanks for listening!

Cristian D'Aloisio said...

Thank you Bruce!

It's always a pleasure to hear you and Julian with the podcast, funny and informative.

I liked to twitter you during the live recording of TakingNotes, it was done on purpose ;-)

My lastname is really hard to pronounce, even some Italian people mispronounce it ;-)

Giuseppe said...

you'r not alone Cristian, quite evereyone from the anglophone word call me "guiseppe", it's so common I don't even bother to correct