15/05/2008

My new ADSL modem & wi-fi router with three horns

Some time ago I had Internet connectivity troubles with my Digicom Michelangelo Wave b modem&wi-fi router...

After some useless testing with the Digicom support, I decided to buy a new device and say goodbye to that brand.

I finally chose this Sitecom device: WL-154 Wireless Network Modem Router Mimo-XR


Here are some product features:
• Supports ADSL standard G.992.1 (G.dmt), G.992.2 (G.lite), G.992.3 (ADSL2), G.992.4 (splitterless ADSL2), G.992.5 (ADSL2+) for Annex A • IEEE 802.11g/b 54Mbps MIMO Access Point • Supports 64-bit/128-bit WEP, WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK wireless security functions • Support MAC address filtering • NAT (Network Address Translation) IP Sharing • Virtual Server/DMZ • VPN Pass Through (IPSec/PPTP/L2TP) • DHCP Server and Client • ACL/IP Filter/UPnP/SNMP/DDNS access management • Web User Interface (Remote Configuration) • Firmware Upgrade

I was worried when I first set up my Internet connection parameters on the device, using a web browser as I usually do: the web application menu system is very similar to the one I was using with my old Digicom device, so I was scared I bought a clone device... :-(

BUT later I was happy with my Sitecom product: it's (yet) reliable and my Internet connection is not dropping anymore.
Moreover the product warranty is 10 years and I also found a specific firmware for my Internet provider (Tiscali) !

I bought it in a mall for 59.00 EUR, a good deal compared to other shops!

So long so good.


P.S.
I also liked the good product review made by this nice man with Tuscan accent ;-) (Italian language).

No comments: