I read some docs about Lotus Traveler but never had the chance to test it: I use one Blackberry device but have no other device compatible with Windows Mobile :-(
But I googled the web and found out that's available a Windows Mobile emulator/simulator used by programmers. So why not test the Lotus Traveler inside the Windows Mobile emulator?
Here's what I did on my Windows XP Pro SP2 pc:
- I downloaded and installed the Windows Mobile emulator:
you can find several versions from the Microsoft website
- I downloaded and installed the Virtual PC 2007:
that's compulsory since you need to install a virtual network driver for the Mobile emulator
- restart your pc
- after the restart, configure the Mobile emulator so later you can access the web from the Internet Explorer hosted by the emulator: pretty easy? not for me, luckily I found out a document that explain everything very well. Here it is!
- after that, run the Internet Explorer inside the emulator and download the Traveler client for your Windows Mobile: e.g. http://myhost.domain.com/traveler/index.html
- the Traveler client installation and configuration is easy (by the way, also installing Lotus Traveler on a Domino server is easy too...)