24/02/2009

Domino 8.5 crashes on Linux? Maybe it's a IMAP task fault

I installed Domino 8.5 on SUSE SLES 10 SP2.

Then I started mail migration from the Dovecot system to Domino, using the nice tool called imapsync, as described in my previous post.

After running the imapsync tool, Domino crashed several times:
I took a look to the nsd log file and to me it was a problem related to the IMAP task.

After opening a ticket to IBM Support and sending some logs, I received a fix for my Domino 8.5 on Linux. Before installing it, I had to remove the previous fix (the one available since R8.5 Gold was released).

Domino seems not crashing anymore, at least after migrating a big mailbox:
the imapsync took more than one hour to move 2649 messages (2585 messages skipped from previous sync).

I keep my finger crossed ;-)

2 comments:

Ulrich Krause said...

I've seen a lot of entries in blog and forums regarding crashes caused by the IMAP task after upgrading to 8.5.
As far as I know, there is already a hotfix available. You should create a PMR.

Cristian D'Aloisio said...

Hi Ulrich,
as I wrote on my post, I already received the fix from IBM and it seems solving my problems.

The fix I receiveid is:
85HF109-linux.tar

Is my my English getting worse lately? ;-)

Thanks anyway