30/04/2009

"Gold" gifts from Italy

Ok, almost time to pack for our wedding travel to Java.

But what gifts should we bring to our relatives? What is so special from Italy that deserves a long trip from Bologna?

Since I can't bring Pisa tower or Venice or Rome etc aka arts, I decided to pick typical food.

Here's what we bought:
  • fettuccine pasta
  • lasagna pasta
  • tortellini pasta
  • ragu tomato sauce alla bolognese
  • amatriciana tomato sauce
  • balsamic vinegar from Modena
  • spicy pork sausage
  • not spicy pork sausage
  • parmiggiano reggiano cheese (the real one!)
  • mortadella ( aka baloney aka bologna ) sausage
  • some tasty chocolate
Unfortunately wine and other alcoholic drinks are not welcome in Indonesia, and my relatives do not like cheese.

I really would like to drink Spumante wine during my wedding, but I guess it's not welcome ;-)

You know what?
Maybe it would be nice to sell Italian foods around the world: pizza? ice-cream? pasta? wine? Yummy! I'm just stating the obvious...

Dreams... It's better I stop writing about food, I'm starting to starve ;-)


BTW, take a look to this Wikipedia article to learn about Italian food and come here in Italy to enjoy your holiday!

No comments: