02/04/2009

Goodbye Dad

On Saturday 28th March my dad Luigi unexpectedly passed away.
He was only 67 years old and I already miss him so much...

I found some pictures of him in a drawer in his house:
Here's a slideshow of my father's pictures when he was very young:


I also found a postcard sent by my grandfather Michelangelo to my father Luigi when he was a soldier in Florence: that time my father was still a child.
it was really moving writing, written in simple, not perfect Italian language, from a very young man to his first child.


18 comments:

belgort said...

Please accept my deepest sympathies.

Bruce

Andy Donaldson said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Ed Brill said...

Sorry for your loss, Christian.

Curt Carlson said...

Allow me to extend my deepest condolences in your loss of your father.

Spanky said...

Man, that's rough. I'm so very sorry for you.

Richard Schwartz said...

My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

JYR said...

Mes sympathies,

JYR

Lotus Evangelist said...

Sorry to hear about your losing your father. May you only have happiness and joy for the rest of your life.

Roland said...

Cristian,
We're praying for you and yours during this difficult time.

Roy Rumaner said...

The pain will pass eventually and your memories will turn to comfort. I lost my dad 15 years ago and still miss him every day.

stuartmcintyre said...

Christian, that's dreadful news. Sorry for your loss.

Roberto said...

Condoglianze. Per quanto possa essere possibile, ti sono vicino.
Roberto Nieri

Roberto Boccadoro said...

Le mie più sentite condoglianze Christian.

Cristian D'Aloisio said...

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your deep sympathy.

Cris

Anonymous said...

Condolianze Cris.
Ti sono vicino...
Iarin

enzo stanzione said...

Cristian,
ti sono vicino anche se non posso capire il tuo dolore.

davide said...

Mi dispiace Cristian, il mio piu' grande abbraccio. Condoglianze a te e famiglia. Davide

Michele Malaguti said...

L'ho saputo solo ieri... mi dispiace tanto. Spero di rivederti presto, per adesso ti abbraccio.
Michele