I read the great post from Julian, but I also had to study the text log files generated from Domino because the log formats available in awstats seems not to match the format from Domino.
I tried awstats LogFormat=1 , and 6 and also an old custom format, but no way... too many dropped records reported by awstats
1) First I read the Domino Administrator 8.5 Infocenter to decode the meaning of a log text line generated from Domino: (extended common format, in my case...)
Depending on the file format you choose, the Access log file records the following Web server request information in the order shown:
- Client DNS name or IP address if DNS name is not available
- Host header from request, or server IP address if Host header is not available
- Remote user if available
- Request time stamp
- Http request line
- Http response status code
- Request content length if available, otherwise shows "-"
- Referring URL if available, otherwise shows "-"
- User agent if available, otherwise shows "-"
- Amount of time, in milliseconds, to process the request
- Value of the cookie header
- Translated URL, (the full path of the actual server resource, if available)
LogFormat="%host %other %lognamequot %time1 %methodurl %code %bytesd %refererquot %uaquot %other %otherquot %otherquot"
Hope it helps somebody.