03/03/2010

Lotus Sametime 8.5 over Domino 8.5.1 fp1 32 or 64 bit version ?

I wanted to install Lotus Sametime 8.5 Entry Community edition over Lotus Domino 8.5.1 fp 1...

Ok, is not officially supported by IBM , but I read the following document and I decided to give a try.

I found out that Sametime setup will stop itself  if you try to install it over a Domino 8.5.1 fp1 64 bit :
an error message states that Domino is not even installed...

I tried to install Sametime over Domino 8.5.1 fp 1 32 bit because some people wrote that it was successful even though not offiicially supported by IBM.

I ran the Sametime setup that succeed without any error message.
BUT when I run the Domino server I found out on the console that one Sametime servlet did not succeed when init ! And Sametime was not responding....

Luckily  I found the following amazing IBM Technote that solved that problem....

Servlet error launching Sametime, 'Unable to get configuration object: Malformed \uxxxx encoding'

I was almost giving up... Now all works!

P.S.
Is the Domino notes.ini read by a Sametime servlet using an XSLT transformation from plain text to XML?
Now I'm worried about the \u characters... ;-)

No comments: