02/10/2010

Is your Lotus Domino 8.5.2 crashing?

I've installed a few Domino 8.5.2 server + interim fix 1 (HF16), but just yesterday one customer called me complaining that his server was crashing 3 times in one hour.

After my initial surprise I collected the text log files from the server and analyze them (also using the Lotus Notes Diagnostic tool). I  found the following IBM 1445756 Technote "Domino server crashed frequently after upgrade to 8.5.2 in DbSearchSyncUnread function" () inviting us to call the IBM Lotus Support.

After my phone call to IBM, I received the HF26 hot fix in one hour. So far so good.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any idea on what function is causing the DbSearchSyncUnread error?

/Fredrik

Simone said...

Hi Cristian, I want to confirm you, the FiniWeb server now seem works all ok. The problem should be solved with this fix.
Thank's for all.
Simone@CM

Cristian D'Aloisio said...

Simone, thanks for your reply, your English is great !