Not working when trying to backup DAOS-enabled mailboxes!
After a while (it seems is collecting the test .nsf file first) I get the error
0xe000fe09 - The directory is invalid
I suspect it is a matter of DAOS dir directory, but I'm not sure...
Problem is I contacted the Symantec Support and I had several session with different people, for many weeks, investigating several areas, escalating the ticket higher and higher.
I talked with different support guys, very polite people indeed, but they could not find a solution.
Usually they query the knowledge base, but they have little o no experience with Lotus Domino servers.
I expected to meet some really expert guy, both BE 2010 AND Lotus Domino+DAOS metter.
After many weeks I obtained to talk with another engineer, Symantec guy called it backline engineer if I'm not wrong.... (!?).
I cannot count how many tests I did in behalf of Symantec usually in conference call:
- several sessions to get low-level logs, both Domino side and BE 2010 server (enabled special registry keys)
- uninstalling/deleting Notes client from the server (not a good practise anyhow)
- setting the PATH env variable
- walking inside the Windows registry
- running a tool called Dependency Walker on a specific BE executable file
- running daosmg sync command, even if all was already synched
- restaring just the Domino service several times
- restarting several times the Windows server hosting Domino
- pinging Domino host from several hosts
- exploring Domino notes.ini