11/11/2011

Installing Traveler 8.5.3 on Domino for Linux: installer hung.

Yesterday I tried to install Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.3 on SUSE SLES 11 SP1 64bit, virtualized on VMWARE. I did it directly from the Linux box, running the GUI installer inside a terminal window.

The Traveler installer started normally, in graphical mode: unfortunately, after a few screens asking some parameters, the installer hung (this installation will time some time...) for a long time, never completing the installation process.

I also tried to run the text-mode installer script (silent mode), also this from the a terminal window opened directly on the Linux box, but no luck.

I googled on the web for a solution, other people seems to have my issue:
it seems that the problem is about IBM java vm on Linux (maybe), so one hint was killing some (stuck?) java processes in Linux. For me, killing java processes was not useful.

To make this story short, I opened a Putty terminal connection to Linux and run the silent mode installer (text-mode): bingo, the installation ended correctly (and quickly).



Here is the official Traveler 8.5.3 documentation


No comments: