Suddenly my Firefox 3 installation just started to behave weirdly: it could not save any password inside the built-in Password Manager... Moreover, my Gmail Manager could not save my accounts data.
I tried many things trying to solve that issue:
- checking my FF3 options to be sure it would ask for password saving
- disabling/uninstalling some specific add-ons
- uninstalling ALL add-ons
- uninstall Adware and Spybot Search&Destroy software
- rebooting my pc (at least three times!)
- creating a new user profile for FF3
- reading forums about the subject: other people have the very same problem, but no solutions worked for me...
- uninstalling FF3 and re-installing it again from scratch
After more than one hour of testing, I decided to give up:
- I uninstalled FF3 :-(
- installed FF2 latest release
- installed back all my beloved add-ons:
Firebug, del.ico.us toolbar, Gmail Manager, FireGestures, Sxipper
With FF2 now I really feel home browsing the web and working: I will "play" with FF3 during the week-end ;-)
Feeling less studid ;)
I installed FF3 Portable Edition in my local c:\tools directory: it simply works, even with all my add-ons.