I had the chance to view the latest beta (code drop 8) and I am happy to see important features developed for Quickr by the IBM team: congrats guys, you are doing a great job.
Also my colleagues liked the new features but the usual exclamation was "Finally!" (hard to hear some "Wow" nowadays...). Many Quickr users are waiting those new features since a long time ago, and often they hearing buzz about that "Sharepoint" competitor. Time to fight back! ;-)
Darren already outlined his favored new features, I will write my favorite new features too (we aware that I'm writing about code drop 8 only, and not sure to be final in GA):
- web interface localized according to the browser language setting: (my ideajam)
- Quickr hosted by Domino for Linux
- recycle bin availability
- ability to set ACL for folders (no need to create a Room to accomplish the same goal)
- less server/clients round-trips to accomplish the publishing of documents (e.g. attachments, readers,authors just set in one window)
- posting and comments on the same web page
- ActiveX not needed anymore by the browser
Other beta testers really likes the Quickr integration with FileNet and the new List element.
A special thank to Rob Novak for his support.